I haven’t blogged in ages, and I’m not going to pretend that I have. I started my new job full-time, so I’ve been busy, and I suppose I just got out of the habit. I also quite liked having ‘Last day and beyond’ as the most recent title on my blog, as it seemed fitting.
But motivated by my friend Nic, I’m going to try to complete the Blog Every Day in May challenge for the second time. I finished it last year without missing a post, something I’m quite proud of, and I thought it would be nice to write something again.
It’s also much easier to write on a topic that’s been given to me than to think of something on my own, especially after such a long gap between posts. The longer I leave it, the harder I find it to blog again, as you either have to skip a huge chunk of your life like it never happened or try to summarise it into a few paragraphs. Neither is particularly satisfying.
So I’m not going to do that; I’m just going to try to complete the challenge and see what happens. For anyone who hasn’t read my blog before, particularly those who know me in real life, note that I don’t censor myself particularly on here, so you might find out some more personal things about me than you wanted to. At the same time, I’m completely fascinating, so you might well enjoy it. Judge me and I’ll cut you.
And for anyone who is really interested in how my life has been since last August, you’ll have to make do with these brief bullet points:
- new job – going well; much more challenging; have achieved a lot.
- new office – lovely people; lots of fun.
- flat – has got much better, not perfect, but the woman upstairs has put carpet down!
- Mum – continues to be variously mental, but actually doing a lot better and brighter than she has been in ages.
- Chris – loved as much as ever, and still putting up with me.